Thursday, October 1, 2009

On the road again.....

The hubs and I leave bright and early in the morning. We are heading stateside and I've been quietly or not so quietly singing this all day long as I debate the merits of only packing 4 pairs of shoes (merits....you can buy more there!) Ahhhh Willie...that ones for the hubs.



Besides packing and getting insanely excited about seeing family...oh and eating vats of mexican food... :) I wanted to post some pics of a quick project I threw together yesterday. I am one lucky girl, I have a dressing room...and I heart it sooooo big time! In any house we live in hereafter a dressing room for moi' will be a high priority...its good for the marriage. I have been looking for a small dressing table and yesterday while digging around I found some old scrap wood and table legs...well a few screws and a coat of french gray paint on the top later and viola' a dressing room table shabby chic and all re-used!

My tuffet that sits next to it I had classes up a couple of months ago. The hubs somewhat reluctantly had pulled that chair out of a dumpster in Germany for me last year ;) It's 1960's and was thrown out when Heidelberg University was remodeling....I remember wanting more...but appearantly carrying two dumpster chairs down the street in a foreign country is significantly more embarassing than one! I painted the back french gray as well and covered the seat with some batting and great English fabric I found at a Vintage show. I am loving how it turned out!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - you re-do furniture! I hope you don't mind, but I followed links from your facebook when I was tracking down people from the wedding. at this moment my arms are aching from sanding down some nasty old chairs i got at a thrift shop. this is very cool! this was my last project: http://aprilandpedro.blogspot.com/search?q=design+sponge

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin