Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Road Home...

Hubs and I came back from the states on the 13th but I am just now getting back into the swing of our lives here in the UK. It's been a little bit harder this time and I think that is a direct result of this trip being the best one we have had home in a long time! We were able to really spend some quality time with family and friends, although as usual we didn't get to see everyone we would have liked to I feel like we saw a lot of people without spreading ourselves to thin. Highlights of the trip home included a great weekend at Rock Creek with family, hiking and seeing the gorgeous fall leaves, a trip to http://www.downhome.com/ to see Spring Creek with my mom and dad, a UT game for Ben and tons of Mexican food and bbq....perfection! I didn't get much...no make that absolutely no vintage shopping in...but it didn't matter that's not what this trip was about. It was about seeing those we love, spinning old yarns, making new memories, touching base with our roots...checking in so to speak. Its funny living overseas we've had the amazing opportunity to see a lot of beautiful places...but fall in the mountains of East Tennessee and Western North Carolina holds its own against them all. I think I'll find a cool vintage frame for the last pic...a quick glance at it and I'm back on the road home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin