Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Italian Love Affair

I heart Italy big time...in fact I could quite happily take the rest of my European holidays there and not bat an eye. This Italian proverb perfectly encapsulates why I and so many people have a love affair with Italy. 

Quando la pera e matura, casaca da se.....All things happen in their own good time

Italians have a great ability to go with the flow and truly operate their everyday lives in this manner.  When you go to Italy you have no choice but to slow down.  Italians themselves are chic and yet casual, refined yet unpretentious.  Their food is made from simple local ingredients that produce complex and exciting results.  The Italian language is romantic and fast but you will be embraced with a smile and understanding if you give it a try.  Italians are warm people who value the history of their cities and villages and see beauty in everyday objects. Just walking around becomes a feast for the eyes whether its a lime tree bursting with plump juicy fruits or a historic plastered building with fading fresco's.

For me Italy is perfect it ticks all the boxes for this foodie and vintage lover.  I am so lucky that my hubs knew a trip back would be a perfect birthday present for me.  This time we choose Sorrento which is on the Southern Coast south of Naples and a day trip to Capri. Our last trip to Italy was a full on visit in Rome where we packed in as many sites as possible in complete contrast we planned this to be a eat drink and be merry vacation.  Here are some  images from my trip sure to have you planning your own Italian getaway!


                                                {Sorrento Coastline}
                   {Peasant Food served at a Farm with a seating of only 20 people}
                                                                



and to Italy, until the next time... Tu sei una stella....la mia stella You are a star....my star

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I bought this huge Italy cook book, but have yet to make one recipe. This has inspired me to open it back up, and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, thanks for stopping by and by now I hope you've cracked your Italian cookbook open! I have made a new commitment to get back to blogging so I hope you will stop by again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin