Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumnal Equinox...

In honor of the Autumnal Equinox today I thought I post a little something fallish. I both love and hate this time of year. I love it for the snap in the air, the leaves changing color, hauling out the sweaters and boots, the one pot comfort food and the excuse to have a fire and a hotty toddy at night. I hate it for one reason....the shorter days, its not so bad right now but I know that here in the UK I am about 4 weeks away from it being dark at 4:30pm....4:00 on a bad day. So for the last few weeks its been as though I am preparing for whats to come, stocking up on essentials you know bottles of red wine and crockpot recipes. But no, I have found myself getting together supplies for lots of projects. Projects with no set date for completion, projects to be done on chilly fall nights next to the fire.

Last week I ran across a bag of 100 wooden discs and bought them with no idea of what they might become. Well over the weekend I made these little guys. Count down to Halloween Advent Magnets. I think they turned out pretty well. I painted the disks and number tags popped in a few nails to hang them from and threw some magnents on the back.

It's also cool enough here now to get pumpkins without the risk of them rotting and I decided to paint a couple of the ones I grew with some sassy green polka dots. Who else is has caught the fall bug and started filling the house with pumpkins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin