Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Putting Up

I've spent a good bit of time the last week "putting up" apple butter and veggies from my garden. Putting up is southern grandma slang for canning or freezing fruit and veggies from your garden. I am lucky enough to have two apple trees, a cherry tree, a pear tree whose seedling was brought back from France after World War I and four raised gardens at our home here in the UK. We are so fortunate to live in this great home it dates back to the 1600's and used to be the gamekeeper's cottage of the Lilford Estate. The old meat hook still hangs over the front door. Sometimes when I am missing friends, family and things uniquely American I need to remind myself how fortunate Hubs and I are to have this experience. Here are a few pics I snapped recently of our life and surroundings here.

{Pictures clockwise from top left: Amps Fine Wines in town; Our pond waterfall; Lillies on the pond; Our home Keeper's Cottage; Reflection; J the Dog; Daisies and Roses in Front of the House; Apple butter and some putting up veg; Pumpkin in the Garden}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin